Photo courtesy of Trenton Fire Dept.
FIRE DEPARTMENTS RESPOND TO CIRCLE K Trenton-Dade, New Salem and South Dade Fire Departments responded to the Circle K at 190 South Main Street in Trenton in the early morning hours of Saturday, Aug. 20, for a reported power outage and smoke. “We went in and found smoke, a motor burnt out in the air conditioning, and also found a breaker that had been burnt up too. They called an electrician from Georgia Power to come out to check it out. They are repairing it now,” Trenton-Dade Fire Chief Jerry Kyzer said. According to Kyzer, no one was injured during the incident. Penny Condra, manager of the Circle K, thanked the first responders on Facebook. “They don’t know the extent of the electrical damage that was done yet but hope to be back up and running by the end of the week,” Condra said.